Saturday, March 25, 2006

These Days...

I

These days
I find everything staged:
the words of comfort you plant,
the concern that I fake,
the platitudes that we toss,
twirl, throw into each other’s face.
How brittle is our truth
that we wrap it with pretexts
believing love holds good
only in certain contexts.

II

The other day
at Carter Road,
when the Sun was
a speck of orange in your eye
and the world
a soot covered portrait,
I felt I had a poem for you
but then, these days, I don’t write poems.
I look for words instead,
words that would miff the silence
you puncture our conversations with.

III

In the quietness of the night
when you twirl next to me
I hear shrill screams
of our unsaid thoughts.

I then strain, strain
to hear your silence...

© Dan Husain
March 25, 2006

12 comments:

Blue Athena said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ozymandiaz said...

Have the words of poetry, like the lines of a lover, changed in their appeal? Not changed on form, not different to the eye, but in some aesthetic sense, in the form perception.

Aradhita said...

Nice :)

Shifted to Mumbai for sometime?

Aradhita said...

haha, I think the first thought which comes to my mind after reading your verse is always 'nice'... and the ones after that I guess I dont put down...:)

Φ said...

Wonderful Dan. This would best describe my state, ofcourse with the tweak of places mentioned here and there..

Para I sounds good even read backwards..renders the same effect..

enjoyed throughly :)

che sara sara said...

words...may not explain
thoughts ....may not reach
expressions...may not be seen
but truth remains
you know the truth
i know the truth
it ordains ....
it sustains...

Mone said...

very beautifull...thanks for sharing...

Manasi said...

In my opinion,
this is the best you have written.

Manasi said...

Hey
thanks for the comment.. after a very long time!
She was my school friend I dont think you would know her.

Inkblot said...

cynicism, wistfulness,acceptance, understanding, even resignation but the yearning...the yearning

spectacular piece!

Anonymous said...

ah!infinity must be her name
she dwells every character space
tween your words

Raju said...

My first time here...god you can put all this together into one mother of a piece. I noticed the proximity of your posts too. Have'nt you heard of "creative constipation"?

@ The Poet - Is there beauty in pain and discontet or is it just me?

@ Φ - Hey man..I think I got the answer to my question on your blog!!